MAG Aerospace is seeking an Unmanned Air Vehicle Operator. In this position, you will be responsible for safe aircraft operation which includes but is not limited to maintaining diligent lookout and listening doctrine with available sensors, radios, and other ground control station equipment; following air traffic control clearances; maintaining safe and positive control of the air vehicle during all phases of flight; taking appropriate actions during emergencies; operating sensors onboard aircraft; assisting Mission Commander and Mission Coordinator with flight mission planning and briefings as directed; computing takeoff/landing data via standard operating procedures; as well as utilizing checklists and other standardized manuals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Unmanned Air Vehicle Operator is responsible for:
- Maintaining safe operation of the sensor payload.
- Analyzing and reporting sensor data pertinent to mission success and safety of flight.
- Providing professional performance with minimal guidance and direction.
- Working effectively in a small team environment is essential.
- Maintaining detailed logs and records of all actions while on/in flight deck or operations room.
- Coordinating flight schedules, airspace, resources, frequency management, and other aspects of flight operations.
- Communicating effectively with internal and external customers both verbally and in writing.
- Possessing strong leadership skills.
Locations can be austere with minimum comfort access. While operating from the deployed location, all personnel are responsible to, and work directly for, the assigned Site Lead, regardless of parent company. Crewmembers will be integrated into the daily flying/maintenance schedule and are responsible for more than one requirement. Personnel should expect to participate in all facets of the operation to support mission requirements.
- High School Graduate
- FAA Private Pilot License
- 300 hours of prior Group III/IV UAS experience as Pilot-In-Command
- Maintain FAA Class II Flight Physical
- Must present flight records for detailed audit prior to interview.
- Must have Piccolo Autopilot experience.
- Moderate computer skills
- Must meet minimum military health standards for worldwide deployment.
- Ability to thrive in a high performance, demanding deployed environment.
- Must have a high level of self-motivation and attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Active DoD US Secret Security Clearance.
- Valid US Passport.
- Ability to read and write English and interpret complex technical documentation in the English language.
- Recent deployed operations.
- Prior military experience.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Click below for the “EEO is The Law” and Federal Contractor Poster Supplement:
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.
MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact MAG Aerospace Recruiting at:
Applicant.Assist@magaero.com or call (703) 376-8993